Lifeline

Sunday, May 31, 2009

To the east - again

So here I am, at London Heathrow, on my way to the east again. But this time I'm not going to the far-, but the Middle East. And I'm not going after studying the language and culture for two years and going there on holiday for a month (like when I went to Waseda University in Tokyo) but after only studying the language for one year. So I'm a bit more nervous than last time. Will my Arabic be good enough? Will I be able to navigate through all the cultural, sectarian and ethnical intricacies? Will I do well at my job as financial analyst?
Time will tell, but I'm sure that I'll learn a lot, meet great people and probably fall in love with yet another country. You'll read all about it on this blog.

2 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Eriko said...

What?? Are you now going to be living in Middle East?
Which country exactly? Take care!
Wow Bram! Every time I read your blog, you are in different place doing different things!
So Amazing! You really make me feel I need to pursue more in my life!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Aike said...

Good luck in Lebanon, habibi! I'm sure you'll enjoy the food and the vibes. Make sure you visit the rest of the country as well.
See you in August!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home