Lifeline

Friday, July 11, 2008

Going To DC!

A few months ago I heard there will be a good reason to start posting on this blog again: I will be studying for two years at the George Washington University in Washington, DC. After they put me on a waiting list and two other universities rejected my application (Johns Hopkins and Chicago) I got an e-mail telling me that I was admitted at GW! That means I will be doing the 2-years master International Trade and Investment Policy at the Elliott School of International Affairs there. After studying Japanese, Political Science and some Anthropology, I think economics will give me the practical tools necessary to contribute to any kind of business, project or policy. I still want to do ´something with international development´, but I figured I could do this through the private sector just as well as in a public institution. And because in the end it does all come down to money, studying how and why money is invested in certain activities will probably help me to understand why certain countries developed successfuly and others didn´t.
But before I can start doing this I have to arrange a visa, a place to live, register for courses, make sure I attent orientation activities etc. etc, so that will keep me busy for a while. But I also have to enjoy my last holidays, so for this summerI planned a trip to Berlin, Belgium, Bolivia, Prague, Vienna and Croatia! You´ll read more about this in the next posts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home